Clinical gait analysis is provided by a team of specialists that includes:
- 1 Consultant Clinical Scientist
- 2 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 1 Technical Manager
- 1 Rehabilitation Technician
- 1 IT developer and Project Support
- 1 Secretarial support
Clinical assessment forms a very important part of a gait analysis assessment. It is tailored to the patient and the questions posed by the referrer. It typically includes measurement of the joint ranges, muscle strength, bony torsions and functional ability.
- 3-D gait analysis of neuromuscular and orthopaedic disorders in adults and children.
- In most situations a 3-D assessment will comprise a number of elements:
- Clinical examination as outlined above.
- Movie capture of the subject walking barefoot and in shoes to record their typical pattern
- Motion capture using a 3-D system where the subject wears reflective markers placed very specifically on the body. In some situations recordings will also be made of the muscles as the subject walks.
During the assessment, emphasis is placed on obtaining good quality representative data, which is later collated in a report to the referring physician.