FaME Awards 2017-2018
Two members of staff and one current student from the TORT Centre have this year been nominated for a Faculty of Medical Educators (FaME) Award.
- Mr David Nicoll (Clinical Senior Lecturer / and Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon) has been nominated in the category ‘Excellence in Teaching’, which is his 5th nomination in as many years.
- Mr Ian Christie (Skills Tutor / Research, Media & Communications Co-ordinator) has been nominated in the category ‘Supporting Teaching’
- Mr Calum Sreenan (BMSc Applied Orhopaedic Technology) has been nominated in the category ‘Excellence in Teaching by a Medical Student’
Funded by NHS Education for Scotland, the FaME Awards have been held annually since 2007 and are to celebrate excellence in undergraduate teaching and recognise the high standard of teaching in the School of Medicine. The nominating process is open to students, staff members and teachers and students selecting the overall winners through an online voting form.
The award ceremony will take place on Thursday 1 March 2018 at 1:00pm in the Gannochy Lecture Theatre, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.
A total 87 Nominees are in the following categories:
- Innovation in Medical Education
- Excellence in Teaching
- Excellence in Teaching by a Junior Doctor
- Excellence in Teaching by a Medical Student
- Supporting Teaching
We would like to congratulate each and every Nominee and wish them success in their particular category.
The reasons individuals were nominated can be accessed HERE >>>
(please note this information has been taken from the nomination form, so is in the nominator’s own words)