Seven postgraduate students on various courses of study from the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, TORT Centre, CMDN, graduated on Friday 21st November 2014, at the Caird Hall where Winter Graduation is held each year. The following TORT Centre students were all in attendance to savour the special experience the traditional Ceremony holds:
- Abdullah S. Al Rashoud - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Rania G. Edris - Master of Science with Distinction in Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Technology
- Indra Neil Choudhury - Master of Science in Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Technology
- Anne G. Kristensen - Master of Science in Motion Analysis
- Xiaoming Zhao - Master of Science in Orthopaedic Science
Graduates in absentia included:
- Paul McCoy - Postgraduate Diploma in Sports and Biomechanical Medicine
- Maria Iris Miralles Rull - Postgraduate Diploma in Motion Analysis
Not only would we like to extend our congratulations to our Graduates but to all the hundreds of University of Dundee students who successfully felt the tap of the Dundee bonnet this week! The traditional Dundee bonnet is used each year by the Chancellor, Lord Patel of Dunkeld, to symbolically confer degrees on graduates.
Left: Graduation Ceremony; Right: Indra, Anne and Xiaoming getting rather excited about something!
The City of Dundee was in a carnival mood all week with happy students, proud parents and friends, and academics all attending celebratory garden parties and get-togethers after the ceremony. Well done to all.
“Graduation day is an important event that I normally endeavour to attend to share the special moment with our graduates for the hard work that they have put in throughout their respective courses. Unfortunately, on this occasion, I was in India attending a major conference meeting with previous graduates and ended up missing Abdullah, Rania, Indra, Anne and Xiaoming’s special day for what I can only apologise – I can assure you that I was with you in spirit - and welcome to our extended big family of graduates”, stated Professor Abboud. “It is obvious from the photos that you had a great day, well done, good luck and keep in touch”.
Left: Rania, Indra, Anne and Xiaoming; Right: Abdullah with Senior Lecturer Dr Weijie Wang