Why Study Here?
Why study this course?
This course does not aim to turn you into a professional engineer in addition to being a practising health care professional, but it will teach you about fundamental mechanics and specific engineering concepts related to orthopaedic devices and treatments. You will be able to apply this knowledge in the objective appraisal of new technological approaches to the treatment of orthopaedic disease, trauma and deformity. The course has been designed and written by experts and includes up-to-date material reflecting current knowledge and understanding. Students are supported throughout the course by experienced tutors from various clinical academic and scientific fields, and will have access to Dundee University’s comprehensive online learning resources.
The course consists of four groups of modules plus a research project. The course is delivered by distance learning techniques via our online virtual learning environment (VLE); this is a very flexible way to study and enables full-time working professionals to gain higher degree level qualifications without taking career or employment breaks. There is no requirement to attend annual summer schools, study weekends etc. The only time you will be required to visit Dundee is to attend a final Viva Voce examination
- MCh (Orth) - Master of Orthopaedic Surgery
- MRes in Sports Biomechanics and Rehabilitation
- Intercalated BMSc (Hons) in Applied Orthopaedic Technology
- PhD Research Opportunities
- MSc in Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Technology
- MSc in Orthopaedic Science
- MSc in Motion Analysis
- Science Without Borders Initiative
- Other Postgraduate Taught Courses
- Research Postgraduate Degrees
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Distance Learning
- COURSE TESTIMONIALS
- Contact us
- 3D Motion Workshop