Why choose to study with us?
This course offers an inter-disciplinary curriculum that will help you to achieve your career goals no matter what your specialty. Our teaching materials are collected from both traditional text books and updated research journals. Our lectures are given by specialists at the forefront of biomechanics, clinical biomechanics, foot pressure, and other biomedical engineering related areas. They care deeply about the course and its potential to produce the next generation of experts and innovators in this rapidly developing field. Other reasons why this is a great place to study are:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teaching faculty from clinical gait analysis, foot pressure analysis, and biomechanics
- Two state of the art motion analysis laboratories, Clinical Gait Analysis and Sports Biomechanics
- One state of the art Foot Pressure Analysis laboratory
- Great opportunity to publish your research in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Situated in large modern teaching hospital with state of the art facilities
- Expertise in teaching the fundamentals of biomechanics to diverse student groups
- Dundee is currently developing a multi-million-pound sports complex in Dundee
- University of Dundee is ranked in the World's Top 200 Universities, and in Europe's Top 90 - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013/14
- Dundee is ranked No.1 for Medical Schools in Scotland - Guardian University Guide 2015
- Rated No.1 since 2010 in Scotland for Student Experience - Times Higher Education
- Dundee University Student Association (DUSA) maintained its No.1 ranking in Scotland, and 4th in the UK
- Ranked 7th in the World and 2nd in the UK for Overall Satisfaction - International Student Barometer survey of EU and international students 2013
Except for face-to-face full-time learning in Dundee, this course is also designed for distance learning. It enables those in full-time employment to gain recognized professional qualifications without having to take a career break. Distance learning allows you to learn at your own pace, using specially designed materials, at times which fit best into your daily routine. Our programmes are particularly suitable for healthcare professionals and others who are unable to take time off work for full-time study but wish to enhance their career prospects and professional development. Employers are usually very supportive of staff that demonstrate their motivation and ambition in this way and may even offer to contribute towards fees. Distance learning course fees are usually significantly less than fees for full-time in-house courses.