You may be wondering why choose to study this particular MCh (Orth). There are several key reasons why we think the course is best suited to your needs as orthopaedic surgeons:
- The only MCh (Orth) Course outside England to be accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- The MCh (Orth) Dundee is awarded by the School of Medicine, voted No.1 for Medicine in the UK, alongside our friends at the University of Glasgow, in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- As a UK postgraduate medical qualification, the MCh (Orth) Dundee is recognised by many Medical Councils around the world. Full list here.
- We have what we consider to be the best lecturing faculty drawn from specialists across the UK and the entire world.
- Best research experience in clinical and biomechanics in UDOTS, one of the leading research facilities in biomechanics, sports and motion analysis worldwide.
Associated clinical attachment with a consultant orthopaedic surgeon for the duration of your studies with no need for GMC registration.
- You'll attend workshops/wbinars using the latest surgical techniques on Thiel soft-embalmed cadavers which is currently unique to Dundee in the whole of the UK.
- Our MCh (Orth) philosophy is to recruit ambitious orthopaedic surgeons with career aspirations that encompass leadership, academic excellence and the highest levels of skill and expertise.
- Our successful MCh (Orth) graduates value education and recognise the need for professional reflection and lifelong learning to deepen their understanding, and to enhance their ability and develop a sound professional judgement.
- We've been successfully educating orthopaedic surgeons for 25 years and to date we have over 450 Alumni. We continue to offer the highest standard of visiting external lecturer and orthopaedic lecture topics to be found anywhere and on any other similar course.
Please check out our Course Testimonials for more reasons to study the MCh (Orth) degree here with us in Dundee.