you may be wondering why choose to study this particular MCh Orth course and not one of the several currently available. There are several key reasons why we think the course we offer is best suited to your needs as surgeons:
- The only MCh Orth Course outside England to be accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- The MCh (Orth) Dundee is awarded by the Top Medical School in Scotland and among the Top 5 best medical schools in the entire UK; something no other similarly titled course has the privilege of.
- As a UK postgraduate medical qualification, the MCh (Orth) awarded by the University of Dundee Medical School, one of the top 5 Medical Schools in the UK, is recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) as a valid postgraduate qualification as per the official MCI website.
- We have what we consider to be the best lecturing faculty drawn from specialists across the entire UK.
- Best research experience in clinical and biomechanics in association with the Institute of Motion Analysis and Research, one of the leading facilities in biomechanics and motion analysis worldwide.
Associated clinical attachment with a consultant orthopaedic surgeon for the duration of your studies with no need for GMC registration.
- You will attend workshops using the latest surgical techniques using Thiel soft-embalmed cadavers which is currently unique to Dundee in the whole of the UK
- Our MCh Orth philosophy is to recruit ambitious orthopaedic surgeons with career aspirations that encompass leadership, academic excellence and the highest levels of skill and expertise.
- Our successful MCh Orth graduates value education and recognise the need for professional reflection and lifelong learning to deepen their understanding, and to enhance their ability and develop a sound professional judgement.
We have been successfully educating orthopaedic surgeons for 20 years and to date we have over 350 graduates. We continue to offer the highest standard of visiting external lecturer and orthopaedic lecture topics to be found anywhere and on any other similarly titled course; arthritis, foot and ankle, gait and motion analysis, hand and wrist, biomechanics, hip and knee, paediatrics, imaging techniques, shoulder and elbow, trauma, wheelchairs and seating systems, spine, research, statistical analysis and many other associated specialities.