Covid Postponed Graduation Ceremonies
Several UDOTS Alumni students from 2020 and 2021 managed to return to attend the Graduation Ceremony held on Wednesday 29 June 2022 at the Caird Hall.
Students have been unable to attend ceremonies for the past two years as the events were cancelled due to the continuing Covid pandemic of the time, so it was a celebratory mood that pervaded the City.
Doctor of Philosophy
- Dr Mohammad Alobaidy carried out a PhD research study at UDOTS entitled “Prospective clinical study of posterior cruciate and meniscofemoral ligaments of the knee joint for nerve map creation from surgical biopsies and morphometric analysis from Thiel embalmed knees,” which was supervised by Professor Tracey Wilkinson and Mr David Nicoll.
- Dr Rania Edris carried out her PhD research entitled “Assessment of the impact of loading pressure on endothelial function in the diabetic foot,” which was supervised by Professor Rami Abboud and Professor Faisel Khan.
- Mr Bijad Alqahtani carried out his PhD research entitled “The biomechanical assessment of Tai Chi Chuan movement and implication in rehabilitation exercise,” which was supervised by Dr Weijie Wang.
MCh (Orth) Degree
- Dr Firas Bakri designed, developed and evaluated a patient-specific hinged joint spanning 3D printed external fixation device, and his research was supervised by Dr Tim Drew.
- Dr Vivekananda Beemisetty analysed complications for Exeter implant in total hip replacement using binary logistic regression, and his research was supervised by Dr Weijie Wang and Mrs Linda Johnston.
Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Technology MSc
- Abdul Jawad Hameed investigated the effect of cadence, stride length and energy expenditure of forefoot running in a healthy population, and his research was supervised by Mr Mike Black.
Motion Analysis MSc
- Barry Kiernan studied the effect of step rate manipulation on stride angle during running, and his research was supervised by Dr Weijie Wang.
Left to Right: Dr Mohammad Alobaidy and Dr Rania Edris, Dr Firas Bakri with his family, Dr Vivekananda Beemisetty.
Mr Arpit Jariwala, UDOTS Director, commented:
“I am so pleased that our Alumni got the opportunity to attend in-person graduation ceremonies after the disruption caused by the pandemic. Everyone at UDOTS wishes you every success with your ongoing careers and apologise for not being able to attend and greet you in person. Special appreciation must go to the Events and Graduation Teams and Alumni Office for all their hard work organising the extra ceremonies this year and allowing our students to experience the pomp and excitement of Graduation in full. A big thanks to Ian Christie who has been able to keep a tab on all these events that we can recollect and cherish in future.”